The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Milbemax Chewable Tablets View next topic
View previous topic
Yvonne Holland
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know of a on line web site that sells these without presciption please they are so easy to get your dogs to eat and I was in need for Joplin after her recent river swims so had to resort to tablets which is not a great problem but they can be canny at spitting them out the chewable ones they take as a treat but I would really like to purchase on line soooo much cheaper Rolling Eyes

Teseny Briards
Rose
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Yvonne,

Milbemax is a POM-V product - meaning prescription only medicine. You should not be able to purchase it without prescription. If you do find it, it is highly likely to be a fake. You could ask your vet for a prescription although chances are they will charge for this.

Rose
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know anything about mibemax but to get pills into Zizou, I either crush them and serve mixed in with a tablespoon of greek yoghurt, or I coat them in marmite. My friend coats her dogs pills in bovril. I hope that may help you.
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just looked on Pet-Meds you need a prescription for them on there as well, same as a few others I've looked at.
Deborah Mansi (DEBUET)
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We administer tablets on a cream cracker covered in dairylea spread with the tablet hidden in the cream cheese. Not a whole cream cracker, a quarter of one. Works every time!!

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brussels liver pate works wonders, a teaspoonful of pate moulded round the pill and it goes down no bother.
Yvonne Holland
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Rose it must be my vets policy then to sell over the counter for registered dogs - i always get them to take tablets wrapped in ham or squished in cheeses but Hendrix had a knack of eating it all except the tablets I used to have to push it to the back of his throat whereas the chewable milbemax presented no problem plus vet like to charge for prescriptions oh well now I know but thanks all for your help

Teseny Briards
Linda and Jasper
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the ones on line without a script are not up to the mark, that is why we can get them cheaper.
i have done a deal with my vet. if he can match the price with a script from him. then i have of vet.
be carefull what you are buying such as front line that you can buy in the chemist and on line they are not as good as the ones with scripts.
as far as i know.
Jaspers provicox was cheaper on line with a script. but my vet said he would match that price so i am on perminant reduction on that one. you do have to be a bit cheaky here. Rolling Eyes pet drugs online are good and when you speak to them they are very helpful

Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jacky wrote:
Brussels liver pate works wonders, a teaspoonful of pate moulded round the pill and it goes down no bother.

Sshh. Zizou will be wondering why he only gets marmite....... Wink
Rose
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

Yes most practices will sell POM-V to registered pets as long as they have seen them recently (say the last 6 months) This is to make sure they have the correct weight and are in good health. The receptionist/nurse should check with the vet before dispensing though and shouldn't do it without a vet on site. A bit like when you want to pick up your own prescription from the pharmacy but the pharmacist is on lunch and you have to wait an hour for them to come back!! Laughing Lots of practices will price match if you ask so it may be worth biting the bullet on this one. Our hairy friends can be so mischievious at times - Georgie is very clever at sucking the ham or cheese off the outside and storing the tablet in her cheek to deposit later when mum is not looking - very cheeky!

Rose
Linda and Jasper
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh the pill wonder. i have had to wrap jaspers in beef paste as anything else was a waste of time,they are so artfull Rolling Eyes

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic