The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 house proud ! dont think so View next topic
View previous topic
jean eckford
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After moving to a new house,well really an old one, i payed a small fortune to have all the floor boards sanded and varnished, oh! they were so beautiful, for a wee while, wasnt long till Fluke and Clyde had them scraped to bits although, friends try to make me feel better by insisting that they they have a rustic look that fits in with the age of the house Hhm!!!and after splashing out on a painter and decorater, the lovely white panels at the windows are all chipped and horrible, and the windows smeared with slop Crying or Very sad (their cleaned constantly) its a constant battle with dust and floating hair blobs round the floor(the two are groomed every day) the baby gate at the door is manky, needed when people enter so they dont get flattened or have a panic attack! the kitchen floor is continusly swimming after drinkys, cant get to the towel quick enough, all the door frames are smeared with muck, oh! i could go on and on... sometimes I wish I was on my own with a lovely clean house,but only for about 5 seconds, cos what kind of life would I have with no big sloppy kisses in the mornings, or to keep my feet warm at diinner time as I have two furry foot stools under the table, I would feel lost in the loo if there was too much room and, I prob wouldnt get to sleep without at least 1 big hairy face next to mine, Yes I would be very lonely indeed, and anyway"" Who needs a nice house..... Laughing
Martin Berry
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

:DBrilliant!!

We suffer for our art, don't we?
Shani Lunnon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh so glad to hear this. I just thought it was my house. All my doorshave glass panels, ( bad idea). We painted them white ( bad idea) not left natural wood. Floor boards no carpets, ( Good idea, but scratched). Leather sofa (Good idea, but sratched). Wallpaper ( nice idea, but crazy paving look). May I should just tile every room. Dust to die for Laughing . Tumble weed attachements on the walls floors and ornaments.
Garden the scrap yard look, Plants Question what are these. Laughing

Vistors, is that people that come and see you at home and sit and relax with you. I dont recall seeing anyone here for years.

But we love them dont we. Laughing

www.luelleshabriards.co.uk
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And I thought it was only me!
Just got up to look down our long hall (bungalow living) and watched the tumblweed of briard hair floating around. I prefer dull days nothing shows up then. But today nice and bright oh the state of the glass doors!
I walk around with a pack of anti bac wipes in my hand most days. And why does she squash herself into the smallest room with me and then has to manoeuvre herself round the door to get back out again, wiping herself against every available surface. Wouldn't change it for the world, we've only got Roxy!
Gail and Roxy
lulu&lexi's mum
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh what a relief! I thought I was the only one with a house like that!

My problem is that I'd always rather spend time cuddling a briard than cleaning. There's always tomorrow for the cleaning isn't there....

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My car is exactly the same.
Dog snot all over the windows Laughing towels everywhere, as we have 3 dogs (but only 1 is a briard) there are dog coats for all types of weather; very cold but dry, chucking it down, & very wet & windy. Then not to mention all our gear Rolling Eyes Oh for a nice posh clean car.
The house isn't too bad as we have tried to dog proof it as best we can. Tiles/vinyl flooring, wipe clean walls, minimal carpets (except on stairs). How boring life would be without them though.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Before I had Zizou (almost 18 motnths ago) I had one of those houses that had clean carpets and such things. What did it do for me? Like all of you, I'd rather have a muddy carpet and a briard than the alternative. Very Happy
jean eckford
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im glad now that i posted, relieved to know its not just my house, im contantly wiping everywhere, and I would NEVER offer anyone a ride in my car,,I'd panick if someone asked nuff said, still.... they make up for it in love Laughing
Linda and Jasper
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jean. when we got jasper all hopes of keeping house were hopless.
same here. gave up in the end. one thing i did do was to cut jaspers beard shorter that mad a heck of a difference. to the water slosh. just have to do what we have to do. Laughing Rolling Eyes

carolcatlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We may have to rethink your paint colors, something in the "mud" range I think! LOL My carpet looks the same, 4 sets of muddy pawprints acroos the living room floor.
kathy morgan
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We may be having a'drought' but I am soo glad it is much easier to clear up dry dirt than thick mud!!!!!! But the bits of brambles and dead fern are a pain!!

I wondered why we don't get any visitors - only those who know what to expect!! And on the 'present' theme all my briards including Zeta have carried a toy or something to greet you. You are not expected to actually take it. Anything thrown as in ball stays where it is unless I pick it up! But he does 'fetch' occasionally at obedience. (silly word that!)

Kathy and Zeta
Roz & Tim
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We can relate! We live in a cottage with all white walls and doors. Well, they're white from about a metre up. Anything below that is mud brown. I like to think of it as a briard dado-effect. Tried remove mud and slobber from the downstairs doors (again) the other week, and in the end thought 'sod it,' went out and bought a can of paint and just painted over it. Is that bad..? Embarassed

jean eckford
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

he he! every timei have anyone visiting that has never been to my house, i run around with a plastic tub of paint and touch up all the chips my two have made, bearing in mind that i just recently payed the decorator 15 hundred smackers to make it look great, money down the drain Rolling Eyes and the laura ashley wallpaper in the hall.. someone shoot me please!!!!!
veronique
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brilliant posts thank you every one for so much honesty Wink

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our house suffers from a brown air, tho' strangely there's no brown in the so called decorative 'scheme'. Tide marks. floors, dust on every surface from brushing out Os, who doesn't do baths. I think life's too short to worry. However I do have a bit of a solution for cars. It's not cheap but there's a company called Over the Top Textiles who will even tailor make covers for any car. I've found them really excellent. (And no I have absolutely no connection with them whatsoever!!)

Jill
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have two-tone paint work, white at the top and grey sort of colour at the bottom, water marks on mats in the kitchen, light fawn coloured hair on anything at hasn't got a throw put over it, funny they are brown in colour but for some reason very rarely get hair on them. Then there are the traps left around the house of hidden toys just waiting for you to put your foot on. Laughing
karen
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smile why worry about what the house looks likes when you have a beautiful furrie amazing best friend right by your side ,what more could you ask for, Laughing
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

karen wrote:
Smile why worry about what the house looks likes when you have a beautiful furrie amazing best friend right by your side ,what more could you ask for, Laughing

Nothing Very Happy
Linda and Jasper
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ossie's Jill wrote:
Our house suffers from a brown air, tho' strangely there's no brown in the so called decorative 'scheme'. Tide marks. floors, dust on every surface from brushing out Os, who doesn't do baths. I think life's too short to worry. However I do have a bit of a solution for cars. It's not cheap but there's a company called Over the Top Textiles who will even tailor make covers for any car. I've found them really excellent. (And no I have absolutely no connection with them whatsoever!!)

Jill

hi jill. you sure about that. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic