The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 rescue collie View next topic
View previous topic
Linda and Jasper
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of you may not agree with our discion to rehome sydney. it was so hard. i believe that a dog should have the right owner.
we were not told by dogs trust how the saluki acts and the special things you need to do for them. this rehome was not done lightly.
I move on to another point.
As we were looking for a smaller dog than jasper given our ages. we dicided to down size.
after being with out syd for a while we were asked to look at a young border collie. we have had collies before and know about the breed.
she had been with a family that could not cope so was put into boarding kennells for a week. we have now got her she is 8 months old. has had training and a very sweet girl not nervouse or nasty.
yes a pup, but obedient. hard work yes . she has settled down a treat
she is a lot like my old collie sally.

gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So pleased for you Linda, now there are two happy dogs. It must have been a very difficult decision and not taken lightly. Good luck with your new girl, and a less stressful life for you.
Gail and Roxy
Dollybug
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, sorry to hear about your sad decision, and having been in that position I know exactly how difficult your decision was but trust me, whatever anyone says or thinks, only you are the judge as to whether you have the right dog in the right home. I admire your difficult decision and don't let anyone tell you it was wrong.

Good luck with our new girl.
Brenda Wilkinson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
I'm so sorry to hear of your problems with Sydney and so very glad you had the courage to rehome him were he will be better off it must have been so very hard for you after loosing Jasper then to have to let Sydney go, but as dollybug says it's got to be the right dog in the right home no matter what the breed, just wish more people had your common sense well done.
To brighter things your new girl sounds ideal a breed you've had before the right age to train in your ways and I'm sure you'll have years of pleasure from her,I'm so glad your sad story has a happy ending for you all.
Take Care
Brenda

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic