The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Human hair brushes View next topic
View previous topic
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone else resort to using human hair tools on their dog? I've just had one of the best grooming sessions using one of those tangle teasers for us. Because I have a sensitive scalp and knotty hair, I got myself one. Then when I found it didn't hurt me at all, I got one for Zizou. For some reason he does not like dog slicker brushes. I also use a paddle brush, a bristle brush and a wide toothed comb. I have most dog hair tools but seem to get on best with ones for us. My husband thinks it's ridiculous but I hate grooming battles.
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw one of those last week at the hairdressers, never thought about it for the dog, I might get one then if they are good. I might try it on me first. Ina is not really bothered about a slicker brush, except she hates it near her legs.
I also have a Mason/Pearson bristle brush for Ina, she loves this on her tummy/face & everywhere really, but it's soft enough for those delicate places. I spray a little of the Boots leave in conditioner on it before brushing, works wonders & she smells lovely.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd recommend one for you if your hair tangles. I shopped around on line as my hairdresser's are dearer. Very Happy
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roxy has a bright pink tangle teaser and they do work well. I always groom her and then I put some primrose oil on last and use the tangle teaser for a final flourish.
Gail and Roxy
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hadn't thought to add primrose oil at the end. Will do Very Happy
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gosh Ina's haircare regime is going to take me ages with all these new tips. I have moroccan hair oil for me, I wonder if that would work on Ina Rolling Eyes (a bit too expensive I think)

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just brought a pink tangle teaser on Amazon for 8 pounds !!
thanks for tips !!! I always like to try something new ! Very Happy Very Happy
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maxnick wrote:
Gosh Ina's haircare regime is going to take me ages with all these new tips. I have moroccan hair oil for me, I wonder if that would work on Ina Rolling Eyes (a bit too expensive I think)

Love moroccan hair oil as a treat for me Very Happy
vicky-jasmine
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use an innis bristle brush and some human cheap brushes on jazzy and les pooches kind of like slicker brushes on her which are doggy brushes but are blooming expensive she hate hate hates being brushed even for a tasty bribe of liver cake! I have had to put my grooming table in the window then shes distracted by the out door world Rolling Eyes
Shani Lunnon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grooming . I put my table in the window too for our 2 fawns so they get distracted. Smile I use a pin brush ,slicker ,comb and a triangle shaped rake. The les Pooches slicker is fab, I havent bought one yet as expensive. But will one day. Live cake Mine love it, but I cant make it. need a good recipe .
My last one the liquidize liver sank to the bottom. and the cake was flat and awful. Would love a recipe. Smile

www.luelleshabriards.co.uk
vicky-jasmine
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

8ozs Liver I use lambs - really cheap from asda or the local market
4ozs S/R Flour or plain flour and baking powder the packet tells you how much you need to add
2 Eggs
2 Cloves Garlic/ or 2 tsps garlic puree. - I just chuck it in really if its show bait then I make it a little more garlicy so its smelly! plus its good for flees!

It stinks so I dont touch it, I Put all the ingredients into a blender and blits it until the mixture is smooth, pink and runny but you can make it a bit more chunky if you want I then Pour into greased swiss roll type baking tin and place in the oven [Gas Mark 4] I think that 180c ( again I just wack it in lol) for around 30-40 minutes. I think the blender is the trick to it not sinking to the bottom as it mixes it all up. although it does still happen in some batches I think it might just be too much liver.

It can be frozen which is what I do as this makes loads! the dogs absolutely LOVE it but my mum and dad hate it as it stinks the house and fridge/freezer out!!

I am going to be getting a tangle teaser tomorow as I normally brush jazzy out most days but shes been on hols with my perants and after much running, exploring and swimming is a state!! hopefully she will be better for it! I also use macadamia oil on my hair never thought of it for jazzy... might have to try it!! only on special occasions though Laughing
Shani Lunnon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Vicky I will give it a go. Havent cakes for years. Smile

www.luelleshabriards.co.uk
Brion's Mrs
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just taken possession of a new Tangle Teezer - black, though I was tempted by bright pink! - which I got from Amazon, and on a first run through the top of Brion's coat it seems great. He certainly likes it and it seems to have smoothed out some knotty bits, though the really bad ones round his collar remain a case for the triangular headed comb and the little and often treatment I think. . . Many thanks for the tip, Zizou's Mrs.
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy I I have a bright pink one for me and Zizou's is pale blue. If I got black, I'd lose it in amongst his coat. x
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I attempted to buy a tangle teezer on line last night, credit card rejected, seems it's been cloned Shocked Luckily nothing been bought with it, now cancelled. Will have to await arrival of new card. Was really exited about getting my new brush Rolling Eyes How sad am I.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Maxine I am sorry to hear that. What a shame Sad I've been in that situation before myself and it is horrible. I tend to stick to amazon a lot becuase of that sort of thing.
vicky-jasmine
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a pink 1 from boots, 3 for 2 on hair care so I got a big paddle brush and some hair clips Razz

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic