The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Update on Ina View next topic
View previous topic
lizannesley
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We are all wishing the best for you Ina....positive thoughts & prayers coming your way......
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's great news Maxine Go Ina.
Gail
jerrymo
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really pleased she is doing so well.
Arniewhite1
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We are sending Ina lots of love to help her recover fully and enjoy her life.
Nicola
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh that's great. I'm so glad you're feeling more informed and positive. Dylan and I continue to send Ina positive vibes from Chester.
magnannymouse
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's great news. Wishing Ina a full recovery

Maggie
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have been to see the vet & discussed Ina's future. To be honest it is not looking too bright. However we are going to have regular check ups/scans to see how things are going. To our mind chemotherapy is not an option, as it seems it could make her very very ill & only prolong her life by a couple of months.
I am trying to be upbeat, as I don't want people to read doom & gloom.
We will spoil her rotten & hope she has longer than they say. Smile
Thank you for your continuing good wishes & thoughts.

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our feelings are with you. Good luck. For what it's worth agree that chemo would just seem wrong.

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good on you. Amanda
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Maxine,
Sorry to hear that, I'm sure she'll be spoilt rotten. Enjoy every moment with her.
Gail and Lola
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maxine, it sounds like you have the right approach. Chemo might work for some dogs, but I wouldn't want to put Hugo through it just for a few more months, especially if during those months he wouldn't feel completely well.
Don't worry about people reading doom and gloom. We all feel for you and only wish we could help. However, you're right to be upbeat. You want Ina to enjoy what time she has left, you want to make the most of that time yourselves, and you wouldn't want Ina to pick up on your distress.
I am so conscious of how short a time they have with us, as Hugo, at 8 years old, is slowing down a lot, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier when we are faced with losing them and, of course only dog-owners can possibly understand how they are loved as much as any family member.
Thinking of you all.
Brion's Mrs
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hear hear from me, Amanda. It is so hard to explain, I think, how one loves these dogs, their personalilties and their trust are very humbling and touching, we find.
Brion, by the way, three toes short now, is recovering well, most indignant that I won't let him play rough games with Dinah at the moment, only allowing bitey faces but no thundering around the garden.
Actually his latest op is proving far from straight forward because it turns out that the locum vet let us use old antibiotics post op, which were prescribed for his grotty toenails, which they hoped was the cause, and not for a major op, and he then developed a major infection, so now we have better, and more expensive antibiotics, which are curing the infection but now the original infection has caused the stitches to come out and so I have to go back to the vet tomorrow for yet another bandage change (he has so far had red, blue, green and now purple bandages on!) and a lesson in bandage changing because we go on holiday on Sunday (to North Norfolk where my folks live) and the vet now requests that we do a daily re-dressing and take photos daily of the stump and email them back to Ashtead so that she can monitor progress.
The good thing is that our vet is the best sort, we think, in that she cares passionately about her charges, indeed rang up in tears last year, after the amputation of toe number two, because she was so upset that she had left it so late that we all thought we would lose him then. The problem is that she is very over worked, hence the locum, but still came in on her day off to operate on toe number three because she didn't want to delay a day more than necessary.
Hey ho, we think that we owe a lot to vets who are, of course, human. Just hope we do the bandaging OK.
And thank Goodness, Maxine, it sounds like your vet can give you the best possible advice, and you can all make the best possible deciisions, which is all we can do for our precious pets.
Amanda

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic