The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Introductions .... View next topic
View previous topic
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and Welcome to the FBC, look forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful boy.
jean eckford
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi annette from outside glasgow, i live in renfrew which is near you ive two briards ,Fluke and Clyde, if you want to meet up sometime for walkies give us a shout

jean
jerrymo
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A verry big welcome to you all. Looking forward to hearing all about Obelixs adventures.
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,
Welcome to the FBC it's quieter than it used to be as friendly briard folk have gone across to FB. But, there's still a few of us on here and queries are always answered by briard experts. We have a 10 week old puppy called Lola, so busy times.
Gail and Lola
obelix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I can't figure out how to post photos here, so i've attached a link to my public photo folder.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=920285BB42DBF67F%21115

enjoy!
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lovely pictures such a cute puppy. Very Happy
jerrymo
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love puppy picture 2. You just want to pick him up and cuddle him.
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lovely pics. I always love sleepy puppy photos, so they're my favourite!
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is a real cutie, just gorgeous Smile

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. Great photos. Just realised (note GB spelling!) that you live in California. What an amazing thing that we can share a love of Briards right across the world. No wonder he is learning to swim so early!! Amanda (and Dinah - who also loves water, but only up to her back with her paws firmly on the ground in a sleepy English river! And Brion too. Who hates water!)
Gail Rowe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi I am new to this site. I got my Briard Saxon 2 years ago and never looked back. He is without a doubt the best dog ever.I always had German Shepherds previously. Saxon and I are so excited as we are hoping to soon get a little sister for him to play with,Saxon is fawn and we are hoping for a black girl.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and Welcome

They are wonderful dogs aren't they, I couldn't imagine life without Dillon.

Please can we have pictures of your lovely Saxon it would be lovely to see him.
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome! My husband, Paul, and I have a 9 year old black boy, called Hugo (Wychbold Becker), and before that we had a fawn boy, Oscar (Gilcoru White Light), who lived to the age of 11. We did think Hugo might be our last briard, as we thought that when we got into our fifties we wouldn't be up to another, but now that have got there, we realise we're not that decrepit just yet! Briards are such amazing dogs. It's so hard to imagine life without one.
Gail Rowe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Ruth Carol and Dillon. Thank you very much for your reply's. Unfortunately Carol I am not great with computers and having problems putting a picture on my profile page.
Briards are just amazing dogs.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Gail & Saxon, welcome to you.
I have a 12 year old male, I adopted him from france at Christmas. I had Ina a fawn female, who died a year ago. You can see pice of them on old posts if you search.
Would love to see photos of your girl when you work out how to do it.

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Im Sue. I am in the process of rescuing a Briard from Spain, he is two years old and fawn in colour. They have had to cut his coat right back because he was in such a state.

I have spoken to Sheila from Briard Rescue already but would be happy to hear anyone's advice on grooming, behaiviours etc.

I would also appreciate advice on the sort of food to start him on.

Thanks everyone.

Sue

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there!

I'm new to this forum. I live in Sweden and am currently considering getting a Briard as my next dog (will be the first one I raise from a pup, and own myself). I'm still considering other breeds, however I have already lined up three or four breeders that seem very good that are currently planning a litter for summer... So theres a decent chance my dog will be a Briard, and thus Im here Smile

Theres just something that clicked when I met 5 briards at my closest breeder. I was pretty dead-set on getting a Bouvier des Flandres before, and even though I still love that breed (and theres still a chance Ill get one), something clicked when I met the Briards that made me really like those big goofs. Also I saw this video of a Briard from one of the breeders Im in contact with, pulling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MFtVos0_UY

Just made me like the breed all that much more Smile

Cheers all!
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello BasBriard. You have great taste in dogs. I have a Briard, but hang out Bouvier and Giant Schnsuzers and Black Russian Terrier folk too. And I have a darling Rottweiler living with me. She is here because my Briard loves her and both dogs are good for each other. My first dog, Zizou, is a Briard and I've no regrets. He's brilliant., Very Happy
BasBriard
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zizou wrote:
Hello BasBriard. You have great taste in dogs. I have a Briard, but hang out Bouvier and Giant Schnsuzers and Black Russian Terrier folk too. And I have a darling Rottweiler living with me. She is here because my Briard loves her and both dogs are good for each other. My first dog, Zizou, is a Briard and I've no regrets. He's brilliant., Very Happy

Hey, thanks!

I have lived with a Giant Schnauzer before and I love that breed too! BRT is another breed that I've been looking at haha Smile All these breeds have in common (atleast in Sweden) that they are not very common. Among them I'd say GS have the most breeders, followed by Briard. Bouvier and then BRT - of these breeds very few are born every year..

Rottweilers are not dogs I'm familiar with though! A BRT breeder described BRTs to be somewhat similar to "how Rottweilers used to be" though, and implied I think is that the Rotties have become kinda common and overbred here today so the quality might vary.. :/

I guess I like big hairy goofs! Nah, but there is a mentality to these working class dogs that I quite like, and a personality!

Cool to hear someone got a Briard for their first dog! I feel pretty confident that I could handle one with the proper studies and help from trainers and my breeder (Im of the mentality of asking alot of questions and taking the advice of experts to heart!).

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic