The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 bad news View next topic
View previous topic
Jeaneckford
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my Fluke has not been doing so well, his breathing isnt too great and he's lost his bark, i havent had this investigated as he,s nearly 12 yrs old and im thinking that any invasion might not be benificial to him, the last few weeks his glands have really swelled also his lymph modes, my vet thinks its cancer of the lymph modes, and can take samples and offer chemo,,but ive decided not to go down that road, ive had nearly 12 wonderful years with him, its breaking my heart but i love him too much to make him suffer just so i can keep him longer, he's on steroids to help him along his breathing is getting worse and he has slowed right down, think i wont have him much longer.
Also while i was at the vet on friday, i asked her to have a look at Clyde as he had a bit of a sore toe on his front paw , she thinks its a cancerous tumor and want to remove his toe next week, he is on antibiotics right now, just in case she's wrong and maybe its just a infection, so if it isnt clear by thurs then he will have to have that toe removed. Im not coping well emotionaly with fluke 's probs and now Clydey boys, i think ill have to have a visit ti the doctor myself, cant stop crying and making myself ill

Jean
Jeaneckford
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot to mention that when I said i hadnt had his breathing investigated i didnt mean i ignored it, he has been to the vets on numerous occasions and we have tried lots of medications to help him , but i dont want to put him under to have samples taken, i think that would be too invasive for him, and in the end im not going to put him through any ops as he'd be lucky to survive.
Amanda Elsdon-Dew
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor you. It is good, though, even if it doesn't feel like it, that your vet is on to Clyde's toe and that will hopefully either clear up with the antibiotics or come off, which is in my experience quite a straightforward op. I am sorry though. Amanda

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Jean I'm so very sorry to read about your troubles. I know you will do what is right for you and your boys as you love them so much. Please take comfort that other care and understand how you feel. Got everything crossed for Clyde-s toe to heal.
Hugs for you and the boys if I can do anything for you just ask.
Brenda xxx

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear about your boys. We have been thinking about you and hope it all works out for the best.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jean. I understand how you feel about Fluke & not wanting to put him thru' a GA & tests. We have decided that same course of action in the past. Sending you a hug & positive thoughts for Clyde. Hope Fluke is a comfy as can be. x Will be thinking of you.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Jean,
You're doing the absolute best for your boys, it's difficult because you love them so much. Don't let Fluke suffer, and look after yourself and Clyde.
Gail and Lola
eggmond
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am really sorry re the health situation of Fluke and Clyde I can appreciate the pain you are going through since my wife and I were in a similar position in January when we sadly lost our boy George.
I sincerely hope that both recover, I am sure that what ever comes along you will make the right decisions for Fluke and Clyde....be strong my thoughts are with you
Eggmond
Jeaneckford
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got up this morning and clyde's toe was so swollen so i phoned the vet fist thing,Clyde had op today, the toe was worse than he first thought so he had to have the pad off too, poor boy picked him up at 5-45 pm and he,s slept since im sleeping on the floor with him tonight to keep him company. both of them are going to the vet on thursday and ill see how fluke is by then, thanks for all your kind thoughts it does help

Jean,Fluke and wee Clyde x
BadgerBoy
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow for you - that is such a lot of worry and heartache in one go. Lots of good wishes and healing thoughts from us.
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope Clyde is recovering from his op' Hope Fluke is ok too. Sending a hug for you all x

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Am thinking about you today. I have had both of your situations with my own dogs. I lost my beardie, Scruffy to lung cancer, and my briard, Morgan had to have a toe removed.
With Scruffy, I felt the same as you, he was nearly 11 and so I just made his last months as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
I know that you are doing the best for your boys, and no one could ask more.
All our thoughts are with you, stay strong for Fluke and Clyde.
Nikki x
Rick and Sarah
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Jean, I'm so sorry to hear about both your lovely fluffies....really missed you this year in Carlisle. Thinking of you xxxxx

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic