The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Yaaay i am getting a new dog pen for my girl, Help me choose View next topic
View previous topic
briard254

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its official i am getting a new pen for Lilly, her birthday is coming up next month and eager to surprise her with a new pen. I would like some help in choosing something special for my baby. Any links will be highly appreciated.

N.B. I've got my eyes on some of these Dog Pens any recommendations?

Last edited by briard254 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like there are plenty to choose from on that site Smile Hope you find one that suits. I have never personally hd one, so have no idea what to suggest. Good luck

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I went to the Briard Fun Weekend last summer I was most impressed and intrigued by all the 'dog fencing' that folk had erected around their campervans, caravans, tents etc. I guess that these are what you mean by a dog pen. I am afraid I am no help on that front. We just use a child gate to keep the dirtier and hairier members of the family in their place when needed, but it seems to me that many different varieties work. Good luck! amanda

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not knowing your circumstances, it is difficult to opine. We have never used pens for our Briards - only using crates for the first couple of months and then leaving the door open for them to come and go as they wished.
Looking at the website, the pens do seem quite restrictive.
I once had a flat-coat retreiver and made him a "pen" in the garden. It was about 5 metres by 2 metres and he hated it with a vengeance. Within a couple of minutes being put in it, he was charging at the walls and trying to dig himself out. The pen was dismantled within a week!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic