The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Hair growth View next topic
View previous topic
David T
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

About a year ago, something happened to Louis and the hair on his left ear was cut short. We have never found out how it actually happened. The result was that when you looked at him face on, the right ear appeared to be 3 inches longer. Today, the difference is the same. Either the hair is growing exactly the same on both sides so will never "meet" or something has happened to his left ear that the hair has stopped growing. Has anyone come across this "problem"? One other point to throw in the mix is that Louis does have "funny ears" - they tend to flop over the top of his head instead of hanging down. Jan did suggest using Bluetack to hold them down.

Despite the above, we love him lots and he is an important member of the family.
Our main issue is that if the hair will never grow back, should we trim the hair on the right ear to match it?t Sad
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I have no experience of this problem but, if it were me, I would cut the hair on the other ear to match. I did once cut Hugo's fringe and that never grew back properly, but we had Oscar shaved every spring and his fur grew back fine!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic