The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Crate training View next topic
View previous topic
afnunn
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there
It's been a long time since I've posted anything since the loss of our 2 briards, 4 years ago, but we will soon be introducing a new Briard puppy to our family and of course we are very excited. I just wanted to pick your brains about crates size for a Briard. Which sizes and/or make did you use? He will be 10 weeks old when we get him, so obviously it would be good to get one he could grow in to. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Andrea

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ours is an Ellie-Bo crate. I think a 48 inch one is recommended for briards, but we got a 42 inch one, as that was the biggest which would fit into the boot of our car and we needed to be able to transport it when going away. Finlay, at 15 months, is still using it, so we haven't taken it down yet (he has the door open, so he can go in and out if he wants) and it's still big enough, although he is not a massive briard (about 31 kilos and 26 inches at the shoulder). It's very easy to fold down and put up and, although it's heavy, I can manage to carry it and get it in the boot of our car by myself (but, admittedly, it's much better when my husband shifts it!) It's the first time we have used a crate and it's been fab. He clearly felt a lot safer in it as a pup, with a blanket over the back and sides and it made life much easier at night when he was small.
Brenda Wilkinson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like Ruth says if you are going to use a crate 48 inch is a good size I always say get the biggest you have room for you can always divide it when puppy is small.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic