The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Keeping one's Briard in the manner to which . . . View next topic
View previous topic
Amanda Elsdon-Dew
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just fed Dinah, who I've now switched to raw food, with what is quite a typical supper for her - half a pack of Nature's Menu (was a whole one until I took h er to the vet for her annual check up and discovered that she was needing to join me at Weightwatchers), plus whizzed up raw carrot, apple and courgette and a raw egg, all gobbled down and as I served it up I realised that we seem to be working hard at keeping our veg patch and hens in full production mainly for her ladyship! We have some magnificent apple trees, and she has already begun scoffing the first windfalls from there. She takes a major interest in our hens, thankfully no longer as meat, and frequently gets her paws on one of their eggs and I had been wondering what pest was eating all my courgettes. Guess? I caught her at it. And can I blame her? We haven't grown any carrots this year but she would no doubt be digging if we had. She even digs up baby potatoes and tries them, though doesn't seem too impressed. I find the discards all over the garden. . .
Amanda

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Awwww she is a little treasure helping you recycle your veggies & fruit Very Happy
Raw works wonders for a lot of dogs, used to have my TT & Bichon on it.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I so enjoy your doggy tales, Amanda. Dinah sounds like a real treasure.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic