The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Puppy View next topic
View previous topic
Sam_89

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone

I have a 13 week old Fawn bitch come back to me looking for a forever home due to no fault of her own. The older dog is not willing to accept her in the household.

She is fully vaccinated, chipped and KC registered
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seen her pic on fb, she is gorgeous. Sadly I have a female who I bet wouldn't tolerate another in the house Sad
Hope she gets a home soon.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in the position that I can only care, fully, for two dogs at a time. I have a friend who, ideally, wants to rescue a Border Collie, but I'll mention your girl. If anything comes of it, I'll let you know. She knows Zizou, so is no stranger to Briards; plus, has successfully rescued a few Borders and kept them very happy.

Is your older dog a male or a female? I'm asking because, Zizou is male and, when I brought in a second, female dog after him being alone for over 3 years, I had to train the hell out of him to adjust. I made sure he always felt he was number one. I think the toughest bit is having to give most of your attention to the dog already in the house: you don't expect that so much.

I even employed plenty of that spray they use for fireworks etc. on areas that he liked to guard and so on and so forth. I'm not going to lie, it was really hard work, and often I worried that the new dog might think I didn't like her (she was a rescue), but in the end it worked. Zizou stopped feeling upstaged by her, and they eventually became best friends. It can be utterly exhausting, but, it can be done.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic