The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Introductions .... View next topic
View previous topic
Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There have been quite a few new members in the last couple of months and I thought it might be a nice idea for all the 'unknown' members to introduce themselves and their Briards.

So go on, tell us about yourself and your Briard!

Paul

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I thought I might start this off as it would be nice to hear from some other new members.

I did already post an introduction a while back but thought I'd update you a bit on life in France. We (myself, husband and two children aged 9 and 7, three cats and of course Claude, now six months) have lived here for 18 months and absolutely love it! Myself and my husband Dave both work from home.

Claude has really settled down recently - all the training so far seems to be paying off and he's really pretty good. He's stopped trying to eat our clothes, steal from the washing machine or tumble dryer (if somebody forgets to close the door) and hasn't jumped up to steal from the work top for a while now. Not that I'd trust him enough to leave anything tempting out for him to get. He does still however try to pull our son's trousers down if he thinks nobody is looking but he now only chases the cats if they tease him and seems to have realised that they're not cuddly toys for chewing and throwing up in the air for fun. They torment him dreadfully - walking slowly past him and then when they've got his attention darting up the nearest tree. We're being really firm and consistent with him (avid fans of the dog whisperer) and he's so eager to please that he is learning so fast. He responds so well to firm but kind training and realises when he gets a reward what fun this new activity can be. I really want to start agility with him and have found two clubs near here which I'm going to go and have a look at over the next couple of weeks.

Our daughter is 9 and is fantastic with Claude, she's taught him so many new things. Not particularly useful things but both she and Claude enjoy the interaction.

Claude is our first Briard and I have to say, although devoted to the dogs we've had before, we totally adore Claude and although we've only had him since October, we just can't imagine life without him. He's a lucky boy as we're here most of the time and he comes with us wherever we go. Most of our friends here in France have dogs and so are more than happy for Claude to come with us when we visit. We now have so many offers from friends saying 'if you ever need to go away, we'll have him for you'.

Reading the thread about Briards wanting to go back to bed after breakfast made me laugh so much. Claude doesn't even get up in the morning, he waits until the kids have gone to school and then staggers out of his bed, stretches, I take him outside, he comes back in for breakfast and then lies by my feet all morning snoring while I work. He moves only if I do. So if I get up to make a coffee, he comes with me, to the loo, he follows and then is straight back to sleep. However, if you mention going for a walk - he's up like a shot waiting by the door!!!

I've just realised I've waffled on a bit - but hope that gives you a little insight into life with Claude!!
JoannaS
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wonderful insight into your life with Claude - he's a very lucky pooch! Very Happy
Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What a great introduction. It sounds like you and Claude have a great time in France. Millie when she was about the same age used to pull our sons jeans all the time. She thought it was great fun. Enjoy him.

Caitriona

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Question Question

yeh, have noticed there is someone from Bristol (my old haunt)...& also from wrexham... ( another old haunt) Be nice for them to introduce themselves....tell us about their dogs etc Laughing
come on, dont be shy Rolling Eyes
Richard & Chelle
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi we're Richard and Chelle, and we're from Birmingham. We have literally just joined and think your sight is brilliant! We do not own a Briard (yet!), but have fallen in absolute love with them. Searching Youtube for films (which there are so many!) and reading as much information as possible. Which is where we discovered you guys! Fortunately we are very patient and want to learn as much about the breed as possible before we commit, and we want to make sure we can provide the best possible life for our new addition to the family if (and when hopefully!) the time is right.
We look forward to chating to you all in future.
javascript:emoticon('Smile') R & C javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
CHAVELLBRIARDS
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi richard and chelle,

welcome to the wonderful and sometimes chaotic world of the briard. How refreshing to read that you are prepared to wait, read, watch and learn as much about this crazy and wonderful breed.
I hope it wont be too long before you have a new addition to your family!!

Good luck,
Cheryl Maddy and Jerri
Amanda
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Hello Richard and Chelle and a warm welcome to the club! Its great to have new members and you'll find all the information, help and advice you can handle here, along with great stories, funny anecdotes, and mad about Briards folk! Hope it won't be too long before you decide to take the plunge but great that you are taking your time.....once you have a Briard, you'll never want for anything else Razz Enjoy x

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys! It really is a wonderful sight you can spend hours in here and not realise the time! Very Happy
Emme
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, welcome! My briard, Ivy, sends you both a big lick on the nose!

By the way, you're more than welcome to come to the next Briard-a-thon to have a play and see briards in action...

Emme
Richard & Chelle
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Emme and Ivy, thanks for the lick on the nose!

We would love to come to the Briard-a-thon in london, and hopefully will be able to go! It will be great to meet everyone! Would we need to bring anything?
Thanks again!
saintbriard
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to the site we live quite close to you so if you would like to see our dogs you are welcome.We have three Briards.
Steve and Jenny
Linsco
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Richard and Chelle,
Welcome to the world of Briards. I also live not far from you, in Brownhills, and you would be more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa and meet my 3 hairies.
Also there is a fun weekend in Bickenhill, arranged by the British Briard Club, at the beginning of August, where you'll recieve a warm welcome, and if last year is anything to go by, it's great fun.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Richard & Chelle wrote:
Hi we're Richard and Chelle, and we're from Birmingham. We have literally just joined and think your sight is brilliant! We do not own a Briard (yet!), but have fallen in absolute love with them. Searching Youtube for films (which there are so many!) and reading as much information as possible. Which is where we discovered you guys! Fortunately we are very patient and want to learn as much about the breed as possible before we commit, and we want to make sure we can provide the best possible life for our new addition to the family if (and when hopefully!) the time is right.
We look forward to chating to you all in future.
javascript:emoticon('Smile') R & C javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')

Hi there Richard & Chelle

Welcome to the forum.... we hope you enjoy reading the posts & hope you find it informative & interesting.
will look forward to your posts..... jokes are also appreciated Twisted Evil clean ones ofcourse. (PM us the not so clean ones Laughing )

Mandy & Chris

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome all newbies. have fun Laughing

Richard & Chelle
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. This really is the "Friendly" Briard Club!!!!

Chelle and Richard Very Happy
Carol H.
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'd like to say Welcome to all our new friends and their Briards Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Carol

annettek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi I'm Annette and live just outside of Glasgow with my fabulous boy Harry. I've had Harry for just over 2 years now and he really is a heart wrapped in fur.

I'm not aware of any other Briard owners close to where I live but would love to meet up with other Briard owners and for Harry to have some fun.

The Briard a thon sounds fantastic.... I only wish we had something similar in Scotland as Harry and I would definately be there.

Annette & Harry x ;-)
Roz & Tim
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone,

Just one week to go before my husband Tim and I pick up our lovely puppy Nero from the breeders! I feel like a child counting down to Xmas... We are a couple of New Zealanders, now living in Manchester. The wonderful world of briards is fairly new to us, but after much research and some quality time spent with the gang at Arrowflec Briards we're sure this is the breed for us. Anyhoo, I just thought I pop in and say hello - it's good to know there is a friendly forum full of great people with plenty of advice to give. I must confess, I feel a bit like a first-time parent, already worried about inoculations and our boy's first day at (obedience) school!

I'm very sorry that we won't be up and running for the forthcoming Briard-a-thon - it sounds like fun! But hopefully in the future we'll get the chance to meet with many of you (and your beautiful briards!) in person.

Bye for now,
Roslynne Very Happy

Amanda
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Hi Roz and Tim, just wanted to welcome you both to the site and hope you find all the help and support you need from us all here. Can't wait to see photos of Nero so make sure you post lots!!! Whereabouts in New Zealand are you from? We have friends from Gloucestershire who emigrated to NZ 2 years ago and are having the most fabulous time out there Razz

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Tim and Roz

I'm here in NZ at the moment. I got all excitedthinking that I found another briard person in little old New Zealand!!!! but alas no.....lol
hope you are enjoying yourself over there???

It would be great i you come this way again with Nero lol as you can imagine there arent all that many briards here in NZ.

Gav

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Amanda,

Many thanks for your warm welcome - it is much appreciated! I'm glad your friends are enjoying NZ, it is a beautiful place. I come from Christchurch, where I lived literally on the beach - I can't help wishing Nero could've seen it, I'm sure he'd love it there! Tim is from Wellington (also a fabulous city, I'm sure he'd add).

And without doubt, there will be many photos of Nero to come - I'm sure I'll go crazy to begin with - you'll all have to tell me to stop posting!

Best wishes, Roz (and Tim)

bourntwyn
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there Tim & Roz
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear youre so excited about getting your new baby Briard... i hope you have many happy years together.
Dont forget to post pics Very Happy

Good luck.....

Mandy & Chris

jealous of hearing where you used to live Sad we would love to move near the beach one day...wont be anything like you had though i dont expect. Bit of a change in manchester!? Confused

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Gav, Mandy and Chris,

Indeed, I'm sure I've never seen a briard in NZ - Gav, you will just have to fly the flag for us until we return, lol! If only it were easy to take dogs on holiday half way round the world. As I say, I'm sure Nero would have a blast on NZ's beautiful beaches.

But the UK is fabulous too! We are really looking forward to taking Nero for walks in the spectacular Peak District and in the grounds of all the amazing historic homes over here. We might even try to find a few local-ish beaches to romp about on. Cross fingers!

Cheers,
Roz

CHAVELLBRIARDS
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Tim and Roz,
a very furry greeting to you both Laughing I am getting really broody with all these lucky people waiting to collect their little hearts wrapped in fur!!
Enjoy, Enjoy Enjoy. Very Happy
Cheryl Maddy and Jerri
saintbriard
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Tim and Roz and good luck with your puppy.You wont regret choosing a Briard.
Steve and Jenny
Roz & Tim
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all for your good wishes. We will absolutely enjoy our lovely briard - just 7 sleeps to go!

Roz Very Happy

Argonaute

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone!
My name is Michel, I am teaching in a beautiful French island named Corsica. As for now, I have no Briard accompanying me fulltime, but everytime I go back to my parents'home in western Pyrenees, I am warmly welcomed by Mirza, born in 1996, our second Briard, a black one, after Vega (1984-1996), a fawn one, both females.
I am eager to have a Briard on my own but have to be a little patient in order to offer him or her the best possible environment.

Michel
Linda and Jasper
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Michel. welcome Laughing

Angelique
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bonjour Michel et bienvenue a Friendly Briard Club. Je suis anglaise, j'ai deux briards qui s'appellent Asti (noir) et Tiff (favue).

(I have just started learning French after visiting Normandie earlier this year.)

Angelique

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for this welcome!
Merci pour cet accueil!
Quite a good surprise to read an answer in my native language ... Very Happy
veronique
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bonjour et bien venue Michel,
nous somme tous unpeu foufou de nos Briards Embarassed ici,et nous esperons que bientot sa serra pareille pour vous Cool
Debs
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome everyone - lovely to hear a bit about all your backgrounds.

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome everybody to the website Very Happy danni and co.
Sjaakje
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi to all of you.

My name is Jacqueline but everyone calls me Sjaakje (unpronounsable for the English-speakers Very Happy ). I'm 39 years old and I live in the south-west of Holland with my husband, 3 Briards, a cat, a lot of chickens and a vieuw pigeons. From 1996 I'm a Briardowner, I live the Briard-life you could say Laughing. The Briards take a very big part of my life, they are so wonderfull, sweet, silly and lovable. My husband trains agility with 2 of the dogs, the third he wil take next year for some agilitytraining.

Maby I make some mistakes with the English language, I'm sorry but i've only got English lessons in highschool. I hope you can understand what I'm saying and if not please ask me to be more specified.

I will introduce my Briards to you:

Cherie, born in 1999, the old lady in the house:
She's a very, very, very sweet girl, never doing any bad things and for a Briard reasanebally calm. Hugging is her life, whenever she is with me everything is allright.

Lola, born in 2002, she's a mini-Briard Laughing.
Lola is 2 cm's shorter than a Briard has to be, thats why we call her 'mini'. She has a very big heart, she dare's to take a risk at all time's.

BamBam, born in 2006 and he's our maxi-Briard, hahaha.
BamBam is a big guy who loves to play, run and like's to put his nose everywhere it doesn't belong! My husband does a lote of home-improvement and BamBam is always at his site when he does that. At the moment BamBam has soms paint in his tail, he was helping the boss, hahaha. Unfortunedley BamBam does not like strangers, that makes it difficult sometimes but for us he is a big friend.

Oh, and this is me with Billy, my first Briard (RIP 2006) , Cherie and Lola.

I hope that you have an idea of us who we are!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic