The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Introductions .... View next topic
View previous topic
Paula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
I am Paula, I live in the Boston area but I am originally from Ireland. I have a tawny/fawn briard female named Moselle who is almost two. She is my shadow and foot warmer. She shares our house with a very senior dalmatian Baxter who has always been a gent except at feeding time and a four year old rough coated tri-colored collie female -Muirne - her name describes her well! 'High-spirited' in Irish - she is the rascal in the house . Plus two cats Tinks and Derwyn my ginger tom.
I have been a member for a while and really enjoy the postings and photographs. Hopefully there are a few members in Ireland also on the list as I cannot find anyone in Ireland with a briard!
I have just arrived in Kentucky to attend my first US Briard National, so looking forward to a five day briard fest!
Very Happy Very Happy
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jackie

Hello and Welcome to the FBC looking forward to hearing more about your furry babies Very Happy Very Happy
veronique
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Paula

welcome to the site Very Happy
we do have at least one gorgeouse girl Sally in ireland (www.ourbriard.co.uk)i dont remember if there is more so i do appologise if i've overlooked anyone Embarassed

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi Paula.welcome to the FBC. let us know how it goes in Kentucky.. Smile

Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Paula,

Welcome to the FBC. I am Irish, from Limerick but live in Wales. I think there are a few Briards in the Cork area.

Regards,

Caitriona

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys
I've given up on the picture, but i've put a link to a website with lots of pictures of Roxy and Milly

Hope you like them Very Happy

Jackie

JackieRC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JackieRC wrote:
Hi guys
I've given up on the picture, but i've put a link to a website with lots of pictures of Roxy and Milly

Hope you like them Very Happy

Jackie

also, thanks for the welcome!! Wink

Paula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the welcome and for the Irish folk checking in with me! Enjoying Kentucky! Meeting lots of dogs and their owners.
I'll try and post a few photos of my menagerie when I get home Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JackieRC wrote:
I'm new to this site as of yesterday. I'm Jackie and I have 2 dogs; Roxy and Milly.

I have had them for 2 yrs in December and they are rescued from Italy. I always thought they were mongrels until last Saturday I met a lady at the vets. She said that Roxy was definately a Briard.
I googled it when I got home and sure enough Roxy is the spitting image down to the double dewclaws on both feet. I have now decided to grow her hair long instead of having it all cut off! Milly, Roxy's sister however doesnt look like a Briard and is more like a terrier of some kind.

So I've done some research on the breed and looking to find out more about them.

Trying to work out how to add photos....

Hi Jackie and Welcome to the FBC.

Looking foward to hearing more about both of your babies. Very Happy Very Happy
Iris&Felix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
my name is Iris and we have 1 1/2 briards living with us here at Canada's West Coast. Bobby, a 10 1/2 yr old Briard x OES. He is just marvelous!
And then there is Felix. Felix is a blackk borne, grey Briard. He turned 2 last October. If anyone says Briards are calm dogs, has yet to meet Felix.

Felix enjoys work. He will work for work, not for treats. Felix has started Agility but we have been on a break for a while. He is currently in love with obedience and has also met sheep for the first time late last fall. We are waiting for the snow to melt, so he can go back to doing the one thing he is a "natural" in.

Soon he'll be learning tracking!

Iris
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,
Welcome we're a friendly bunch as advertised, love the name Felix for a briard. How lucky to be able to track with him, Roxy follows scents but they're mainly the fox pooh variety!
Gail and Roxy
Martin Berry
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone,

We're a family living in Spalding, Lincolnshire, who are about to collect our lovely fawn boy Merlin from Shani Lunnon at the end of this month. We've been waiting, researching, saving and otherwise preparing for this for eighteen months, which is when I first joined the site, while we sought a breeder with litters. Even right up to recently, I thought I would have to go to Afghanistan with the RAF Regiment and that would put everything on hold again, but it's off and we're free to carry on.

It's been a delight dealing with Shani and meeting her family of Briards. The pups are gorgeous but the grown ups made a real impression on us! I've had German Shepherds and Border Collies in the past but haven't had a dog for years, so we decided with a new house and a more settled life we should make things complete with a new family member.

Everyone is waiting in eager anticipation, and it's just the right time of year to bring a Briard up. Spalding is a lovely country area with easy access to the beach near Hunstanton, and Merlin will be coming to work with me, also in a lovely open area.

The FBC has been an excellent source of advice and anecdotes, and I used it to buy a recommended book on the breed. There really is a strong feeling of companionship which we hope to add to as the years go on. Many thanks and speak again soon!

Martin and Fay Berry Very Happy
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,
I saw the photo of fay with Merlin (another fantatsic briard name) on Facebook he looks a sweetie, and so tiny. It's sounds as if he's going to have a fantastic life countryside and beach what more is there.
Gail and Roxy
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello. It's lovely to meet you all. I live in Surrey and have a 10 month black boy, who I called Zizou. He is our first dog (I say "our" in case my husband sees this Very Happy ) We wanted a Briard for years, having fallen in love with the breed in Switzerland and France. We've had Zizou for 4 months now. I maintain that Briards are the best breed on the planet.

Best wishes.
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are right they are the best breed on the planet!
gail and Roxy
Faye
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, my name is Faye, I'm 28 and I have a 1.5yr old Briard called Embrujo. We moved to Spain about 8 months ago, and only got Embre about 4 months ago as he had been returned to his breeder... I've always loved Briards, having met one as a kid in France Very Happy
As well as Embre, I have an 8yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback and a 2yr old Ridgeback x Weimaraner and also foster for rescue, so various other waifs and strays Shocked ... luckily we live in a farm house with over 2 acres (10,000 sq m for the metric people!) of land.

Embrujo:

with his brother Harpo

...and sister Mosi

the boys wrestling

I would love to get into showing, so I'm doing some research and have been happy to discover that Embrujo has some very good names in his pedigree Smile I just hope I'm not too late with him having had no ring craft lessons! Laughing We are looking into getting our second Briard, hopefully a fawn from a breeder in France (my parents live there, so no problems crossing borders).
I look forward to learning lots here Very Happy
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Faye. Niice to meet you.
Those are lovely photos. I also have a black briard, who will be one soon. As you can see, I am still trying to sort out a way to get some pics up. One of my dog's pals (walks with regularly) is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. If I had more land, I'd have a pack of dogs too. I'd add a fawn briard and two bearded collies....for starters.
maxinecollins
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have a fawn briard Meadow and live next door to weimaraners Harry and Gracie,and they on famously, especially Gracie who loves following Meadow and clinging on to her ear..

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just noticed how many new members we have had over the last few months, I'd like to say Hello and Welcome to you All and your furry babies, and to say that if you need any help there is normally some on here that can help you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Faye,
You're boy looks lovely and he's got lots of land and mates to play with, he's landed on all four paws. I know nothing about showing but if you post a question on here there's a lot of posters who will help you out. We've got a black Arrowflec girl named Roxy, who can be a bit of a madam!
Gail and Roxy
Dogsbody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, seeing a Briard a few months ago when driving to Salisbury bought back some memories of my early teens when our house had at least two of the hairy monsters in it. Weekends was when mum vanished and returned late into the evening with a clutch of rossettes. Good times Smile
Various dogs came and went, including Valentine, Boogaloo ( he was massive) both have places in the history of briards in the UK, as does Emily. Or should I call her ch Emily Desamee Bear at Rolverden.
I tried to get on here a while ago after meeting Debs , whoes dogs I had seen, but couldnt. But after meeting a Puli at the same garage as Debs , I thought I would give it another go. Plus your calendar cover dog looks very much like our Bertie Smile
Anyway Hello to All.
Graham.
Debs
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Graham and welcome to the FBC!
I'm glad you finally managed to become a member of the site!
I'm sure some of the members on here will remember your mum in the breed especially as she had one of the first ones in the country.
Maybe I'll bump into you again soon!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do look out for you in chippenham at the garage. Saw the Puli last week, which we had one of too. Think he was a Nancy cast off. Huggy Bear.
Max had realised who I am Wink

The list of people I remember goes something like...
Nancy and Mike Tomlin.
Ann Kennet,
Kathy Green,
Sheila Cann,
Ruth Bumsted,
Max,

I think Emily lived to 13-14 years old as she did very well for a Briard..she outlived her son Bertie (Rolverden Rasputin.)
So over 20 + years ago now.
vasilis
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone..it has been a long time since i spoke to you all and I'm glad I'm back Very Happy
I live in Greece and I have two fawn briards a female Blondy and a new male member Marvel.
In the past i was asking informations about England cause i went and worked there as a dog groomer for a year but i couldn't find a place that would accept me with my dog, so i came back cause i was really missing her.Now Blondy is 9 years old..the princess of the house as i 'm calling her and recently we have a new member a male briard almost 10 months old.
Two weeks ago he went in his first show..in junior class and he did great i 'm so proud of him!
Well..it's nice to speak to you again..see you around! Very Happy
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Woe, so many new people & furries.
Hopefully we will be able to meet some if we can get to the fun show this year.
We hail from Manchester but now live in Cornwall, via France.
Our beautiful girl is 7 years old & adorable (aren't they all).
Nice to read all the stories.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Embarassed Just realised a lot of these are old posts. Put it down to a very fuzzy head & medication.

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great photos - they look lovely. And your English is just fine!! Welcome.
Jill
russell

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just recently joined this site and would like to introduce myself. Both my wife and I had a beautiful Black Briard which we lost to cancer 2 years ago at the age of 7. This left a huge gap in our lives and she is still very much in our thoughts. We are now looking for another Briard who will receive the same love and care our Skye had....We are looking for a Fawn Briard and would even consider a rescue.....So if anyone can help then please get in touch.....many thanks. Russell
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

russell wrote:
I have just recently joined this site and would like to introduce myself. Both my wife and I had a beautiful Black Briard which we lost to cancer 2 years ago at the age of 7. This left a huge gap in our lives and she is still very much in our thoughts. We are now looking for another Briard who will receive the same love and care our Skye had....We are looking for a Fawn Briard and would even consider a rescue.....So if anyone can help then please get in touch.....many thanks. Russell

Hi and Welcome Russell

This might help if you are looking for a Rescue.

Briard Rescue
We are very fortunate with Briards that it is not very often the services of Briard Rescue are called upon. Providing of course that the Breeders have done their work properly and have explained the pros and cons of Briard ownership, they are not just the fluffy bundle of fun that many people think they are. Then hopefully they stay in their new homes without any problems.

Of course the unexpected can happen and then another home is found if all else has failed. Briards are very fond of their families and it is extremely upsetting for a Briard to leave the home they are used to.

However they can adapt to a loving environment if given the time and care they need. The main reason for a Briard needing a new home is that it has been allowed to become too boisterous, and consequently out of control!

So if you are looking for a Briard to adopt or whether you need a Briard rehomed please get in touch with:

Briard Rescue

The British Briard Club, call Sheila Cann on 01252 518472.

Or

The Briard Association, call Nikki Rual of Gilcoru Briards on 01443 672089.

For rehoming the FBC recommend that you contact the Briard Rescue first, however if there is any particular reason why you do not want to contact Briard Rescue you are free to contact the Friendly Briard Club in confidence.

The Friendly Briard Club

Tel: 07838 143243

Don't forget to mention that you are phoning after finding their number on the First UK Briard Website!

Carol
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Russell, and good luck with your search for a fawn.
Gail and Roxy
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Russel, & good luck with your search.
I have a fawn called Ina, she is 8 years old & a dream. We re-homed her from another family when she was about 16 months old, we have had ups & downs, (mainly because my older female TT wanted to rule the roost), but Ina is adorable. Maxine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone,

new to this forum. Me and my fiancÚ just got our first briard. His name is Obelix (from Astrix), born in April 2014. Beautiful tawny boy!

He is 11.5 weeks right now, 22 lb. He is the smartest (and smallest) of a litter of 5. We've already taught him the standard commands (sit/down/leave it/ watch/shake). It seems like he is going into "challenging for leadership" stage right now, so wish us luck.

Angela & Daniel
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Angela and Daniel! Ha ha, having got through the puppy training, you now have to deal with the teenager! Wishing you lots of luck. I'm sure it'll be loads of fun! Have you posted any photos yet?!
Ossie's Jill
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, I love the name. Please do post some photos - it's really easy and we're all suckers for puppy pics.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Angela, Daniel & Obelix Smile Nice to meet you. Hope to see lovely pics soon. We love pics Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic