The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Re hello View next topic
View previous topic
melodie 1976

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for all your kind comments and tips they are very helpfull. Its been a very hard time for are family as you can imagine.
To answer some of your questions, we have told the breeder and she said all the other puppys have been fine thank god. lunar had her first injections a week before she died, and she seemed very fit and well the only thing the vet said when we took her for a check up is that she was a little under weight.
We are going to see a lady on Saturday so fingers crossed .
vicky-jasmine
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, so sorry for you loss, I have a young pup and cant imagain how horrific having to go through that was!!

I know a lady who I go to ringcraft with and her labrador has fits whenever it get vaccinated so perhaps it was related.

Hope you find the perfect princes or prince to give you years of happyness!!
melodie 1976

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you we hope so to,
we did talk to the vets about that but they said they cant see it as it was a week later, but i dont think we will ever know now, its a very sad story x
Carol L
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

Sorry to read about your sad news, how heartbreaking for you and I hope you manage to find another bundle of joy soon.

If your vet has ruled out any other cause request he reports the incident to the company who supplied the vaccination and defra, also you could write to the manufacturer yourself. I know it will not bring your puppy back but it may help if their has been a bad batch, perhaps not kept at the correct temp during transit. I am on another Scottish group and one or two people on their have been writing about puppies showing problems after their jags, one local to me being kept in and on a drip.

I had a puppy over twenty years a go who was very poorly several days after has first jag.

Good luck for the future.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic