The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Bathtime View next topic
View previous topic
kathy morgan
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our yearly bathtime has come!!
Weapons Dog:- one very very waterproof coat and one great aversion to anything Clean! Ability to shake coat over great distance.
Me:- shampoo and prayers that this time might be different!

Result:- Dog slightly wet on back and head but nowhere else, very dry underneath still.
Bathroom sodden and swimming - me even more sodden and dripping!

Must go and apologise to neighbours for shouting that went on and to prove that dog is still alive. (just)
Expectations of doing well at Crufts evaporating fast! 'dog' very full of himself. Those who know me will know what that means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deborah Mansi (DEBUET)
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Kathy

Wouldn't it be easier to take him to a groomer?

Debbie

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the grooming bit is fine it's just the bath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shani Lunnon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kathy , I cant get zorro in the bath., So I have buckets of warm water outside, 1 bukets with shamppo and water mixed and sponge.
I sponge him all over then rinse him off with the jug and water. Smile

www.luelleshabriards.co.uk
Martin Berry
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ha ha! Merlin puts up a token struggle then when he realises the game is up he stands there looking all down in the mouth and still as I do my worst with his coat.

Last time he had been rubbing himself into winter mud and the water just kept coming off black for ages!!

He looks at you with a `Why are you doing this to me?' expression. I feel sorry for him for about one second until I remember the screams and his ignorance as he leapt joyfully into the mud, shoulder first!

Mad
Tina Sweet
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry I have to gloat a bit. Keisha walks into the shower cubicle and I shampoo and rinse her out. She even waits for me to squeeze out majority of water and wrap her in a towel . I did start this when she was a pup and i have started Sophie off, bit of a struggle first time but now no problems. God bless walk in showers, dont think I could lift her in the bath. Yes she is due for her annual crufts bath this week. She does stink at the moment so hopefully may be smelling abit sweeter by saturday.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I con Roxy into the walk in shower, but I have to go in with her. She's discovered that she can push her nose against the door and it will open. Being a crafty girl she waits till i'm washing the other end till she tries to do this-bless. She's due a bath soon, and then the groomers our groomer can't lift her into her bath well neither can we!
Gail and Roxy
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ina went to a groomers in France, who said she was jumping all over the place, the second time she was better, & came out smelling/looking lovely.

Now however it's a different story, we bathed her once, DISASTER!, water everywhere. Hopefully it will be a while before we need to try again.

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried to make it to March before the first bath of the year, but unfortunately the farmer had been muck spreading last week, which our doodle thought was far too good an opportunity to have a good roll.
He then proceeded to smear it over me & Storm (our briard), leaving me with no option but to bath the pair of them, before starting work at 9am.
I suppose there are some benefits to working from home, but bathing, disinfecting, and washing everything never used to spring to mind.
Linda and Jasper
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jasper did not have many baths. but in the early days he fell in the pond and looked like swamp monster. they onl;y way we could bath him was lift him in and put a lead on on him tie that to the bath tap(hoping it did not rip it off) and of course the tastiest treat . this case cooked beef.
he gave in head down and was not too bad.
as for the shaking all the water off. when out of the bath use an old sheet to cover the dogs body. we also put old sheets on the bathroom floor to help., but we never washed his head.
hope some of this helps. Laughing

lulu&lexi's mum
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ross is of a stoical nature and will jump into the bath by himself then sit and look mournful while the dreadful deed is done.

Lulu fights back!

Step 1 - drag her up the stairs. All 4 legs will be rigid and pointing forwards at this point

Step 2 - heave her into the bath, front end first then rear end (keep tight hold or she'll be straight out again)

Step 3 - cover her with shampoo and start to rub. Take cover as she shakes.

Step 4 - say 'No' loudly and firmly as she jumps out of the bath

Step 5 - chase a white slippery dog covered in shampoo round the bathroom

And so it goes on....

End result - spring clean the bathroom - again!

Ah, there's nothing like bath time for Lulu Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Megan loves the bath, if you want a bath in our house don't let her see the bubbles, if it was up to her she would have one every night. You also spend some time chasing her as she does not feel the need for a towel, she thinks its a great game.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic