The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 'Not so brainless' Brion again! View next topic
View previous topic
Brion's Mrs
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. This morning my husband reported another Brionism. Particular dog that he is, he feels very strongly about 'his' area for early morning ablutions. He likes to go down a side path (rather annoyingly for me, the gardener, because it should be a charming entry path to our main garden, delicately scented with carefully chosen plants, but more often smelling like a Greek urinal due to you know who) and my husband, who is particularly sensitive to Brion's many sensitivities, has long noted that he likes this to be a private moment, definitely without Dinah, who equally very much likes to be involved in every detail of his life.
Yesterday morning things took a new turn. Brion, instead of turning right out of the back door to his private area, with rather an anxious look to Mark, who would normally keep Dinah at bay for him, noticed that Brion headed out onto our back lawn (Dinah's favourite playground - don't start me on that demolition that is occurring there!) with Dinah. As Dinah headed off to find her own spot, Mark saw his moment to help Brion, called him quietly and let him slip back through the gate that shuts the back lawn off from the rest of the garden (dating from chicken days). A happy Brion headed instantly back to 'his' area.
This morning, guess what? Brion led the charge onto the back lawn, pelting ahead of Dinah, but the minute that she put her nose down and began to look for a wee spot, Brion was back at Mark's side, looking expectant. Mark took a step back, put his hand on the gate, and one cllever Briard trotted through back to 'his' area, while Mark, as it were, locked the loo door behind him, shutting the gate so that Dinah couldn't follow.
We did laugh! I also enjoy mentioning this because, in case anyone reading this hasn't read my protests about Brion's brain power before, Brion used to be known as 'brainless Brion' by his breeder. If he is, gosh how bright all your lot must be!
Amanda
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy We've never noticed anything dim about Brion in the slightest. Quite the reverse.
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think some dogs whose behaviour might make them seem a bit brainless are actually very bright. I believe many of Hugo's issues stem from his tendancy to over-think things! You'd better start calling him Brainey Brion.
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like that Ruth. Sometimes my hubby used to think Zizou wasn't smart enough to follow a command, but the truth was, he just didn't want to follow it at that time. He'd follow it fine at other times when it suited him!
Ossie's Jill
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How very 'Briard' Zizou. I remember reading that about Briards before we got Os and it certainly seems to be the case with him. If he sees the sense fine, if not.......
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Very Happy
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love hearing of Brions antics.
Not been on site recently due to house move (no internet connection), Has cheered me up no end! Laughing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic