The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Silly Di! View next topic
View previous topic
Brion's Mrs
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought I'd try to share a story told me yesterday by my friend who walks Dinah during the day. I hope I can tell it as amusingly as it was told to me. She often block walks Di round some of the big wide residential roads near to here. This time Dinah, allowed to range on a long rope, seems to have decided to broaden her horizons, and took herself off into a thicket.
My friend let her go, knowing she couldn't go anywhere. What she didn't expect was Dinah's hopelessness in quite a simple bush. Apparently she quickly got tangled in brambles. So she made no attempt to get out. She just sat down and looked helplessly at my friend, who had to clamber in and extricate her. Once back on firm ground, she sat down and raised a pathetic paw. 'Too many twigs on me now,' she seemed to say.
Once back in the boot of the car, she lay down and sighed. 'What an exhausting walk I've just had dahling!!
She's not normally such a dainty lady. You should see her on return from a muddy walk, after she has if possible rolled in every puddle going!
Amanda
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dinah is a little star. The brambles thing reminded me of Ina when we first got her. We used to take her on a walk through the woods, she would get a scent of something & run off into the undergrowth only to come out a short time later with half the forest floor stuck in her coat. Then she would stand there waiting to be de-brambled Laughing I said to my o/h we are going to need Gardening gloves now on our walk, to go with all the other doggy accessories/necessities.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, Hugo can't walk a step with brambles in his fur. He just stands there until you've removed them. Whenever he drags behind or stops altogether, I know it's time for a body check. What control they have over us!
Ossie's Jill
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey you lot are lucky!!! With Os when he stops it might be great big bit of bramble or might be a tiny weeny bit of straw in just the wrong place ..... whatever it is it's up to us to suss it and he's not about to move until we've worked out the answer. Left out on the hillside to guard the sheep - I think not....
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Very Happy I have been out with gardening gloves because of Zizou and brambles. Once, I had Zizou and a Rough Collie out and spent the afternoon just trying to get them sorted out. They kept passing a thorny branch from one to the other while I struggled. Must have been their entertainment for the day.

It is hilarious how they carry on.
David T
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And here is me thinking Norbie was unique!!!!!! Only this morning, whilst walkiing into town, Norbie sat down suddenly and just stared at us. Problem turned out to be a 2 inch long frond from a fir tree attached to his back leg. Two years ago, he only stopped for brambles but obviously decided that he liked the ministrations so stops for most things now.

Last week, he stopped and we found nothing. After a few minutes searching, he happily continued his walk without further interruption. Am starting to think I have "MUG" tattooed on my forehead. Embarassed

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic