The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Briards and small dogs View next topic
View previous topic
lovemybriard
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, so Iím not a conspiracy theorist or anything but is there anything to Briard owners also having Yorkies? I just keep seeing it. Not just on the forum posts but we had 3 out of our 9 pups from last year go to homes that already had Yorkies. The few Briards I see around and the people we talk to that say they own Briards, seems like I keep meeting those that have a Yorkie too. Just coincendental I'm sure.

I noticed both our girl and boy have always been great with cats around, playful but not aggressive in the least. They can get a bit dodgy with other dogs sometimes, but no more than any other breed. But every time I see a small dog around a Briard, itís almost like a mothering instinct comes out. They just seem so complacent and friendly to their height-challenged brethren.

My wife's in love with the PVGB's now, so maybe there's hope for a future addition to the family Smile

Just a crazy thought for a MondayÖ

Last edited by lovemybriard on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roz & Tim
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well we don't own a yorkie, but I'm sure Nero would love it if we did! He sometimes gets nervous around larger dogs when we're out walking, and growls accordingly, but if he encounters a small dog I never worry - he absolutely loves them. Particularly small, white, fluffy dogs. His birthday's coming up; perhaps I'll get him one as a present... Laughing

lizannesley
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The first Briard we had, a rescue, came from someone who also had a Yorkie. They kept the Yorkie....whether he knew that or not....he never liked Yorkies we encountered. We never knew if he associated those with the one he lived with.
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ina loves our Bichon, she teases him & tries to grab his neck! Luckily he just shrugs it off & hides under a chair or something.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hugo is a Wychbold Briard, bred by Chris James, and if I remember rightly, the James had a female Yorkie who ruled the roost!
Hugo, for all his issues with other dogs, always wags his tail furiously at little ones, although I don't let him run round with them in case he stands on one!
Ossie's Jill
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Little dogs seem to love Os, even nervous ones quickly get used to him. There are several small dogs around here that are either aggressive or scared of just about every dog other than Os. He will even lie down at times so small dogs can jump on his head!!! He's also very good at spotting aggressive terriers and either gives them a wide berth or swings his head out the way like a boxer avoiding a punch!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic