The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Help! Lost ridgeback Buckinghamshire View next topic
View previous topic
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After all that discussion about whether it's good to keep same sex dogs together or not, Hugo's trainer has suffered a real tragedy. She has a German shepherd cross, a golden retriever, a Chihuahua, a border collie and, until recently, a Rhodesian ridgeback, all male. Whilst on holiday in a caravan, the shepherd and the ridgeback turned on each other. Lynda stepped in and inevitably was badly bitten herself. On her return home, the dogs simply didn't go back to getting along as they used to and she has had to make the heart-breaking decision to rehome the ridgeback. He is a beautiful dog, very well trained and usually impeccably behaved.
Unable to drive due to her injured hand, Lynda arranged for ridgeback welfare to collect the dog, but when they arrived back at their base in Buckinghamshire over 3 weeks ago, he leapt out of the car, jumped a five-bar gate and hasn't been seen since.
As you can imagine, Lynda is out of her mind with worry. Officially the dog no longer belongs to her, so she is unlikely to be contacted even if he is found, unless he is returned to ridgeback welfare, who I hope would let her know.
I feel really helpless, but I told her I would spread the word in any way possible. If anyone has any idea about how she can search for news of him, I'd be really grateful. Perhaps anyone living in the Buckinghamshire area might know of places to advertise, dogs homes to contact etc. Lynda knows she has no claim to him and isn't seeking to get him back, but she is desperate to know that he is safe and cared for. It's bad enough having to part with him without thinking he might be cold, hungry and confused somewhere out there.
I know it's a long shot, but I thought it was worth posting on here, just in case someone by chance hears something or knows any way of finding his whereabouts.
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I realise I've put this in "Never forgotten", having just clicked on "New Topic" when reading another post. I don't know how to move it to its correct location now! "Chit chat* doesn't sound right anyway and Lynda will certainly never forget him, but I am hoping he is very much alive and well!
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.doglost.co.uk/

Crying or Very sad My first thought is to try this website. Doglost.

If I think of anything else, I'll be back.

Poor lady. Crying or Very sad
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, I'll pass that on! I've googled local newspapers and suggested she writes a letter to each one. I've also found dog warden numbers for the area, but I expect she's already contacted them.
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a nightmare these days. I dearly hope Lynda's search is successful. x
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've crossed posted onto another Pet Forum

Hope they find him soon
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

will keep an eye out on the dog forums, but doglost.co.uk is a good one & so is nationalpetregister.org
fingers crossed

Last edited by maxnick on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you everyone. I really hope someone has taken him in, but it's the not knowing which must be driving Lynda out of her mind. The first thing you do is imagine how you'd feel if your own dog was lost. The poor thing must be so confused. The last thing Lynda saw was his face pressed against the window as they drove him away and she already felt such a traitor. She could have comforted herself by saying she had done the right thing if he had found another loving home, but now she feels that she has really failed him. Thanks again.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic