The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Sunny(?) day.... View next topic
View previous topic
lizannesley
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone else trying to make the most of a "nice" day and give their big dogs a bath? This is the first bath of 2014. He's had almost daily legs & underside rinses (after his walks in muddy fields/parks, etc),but this is the 1st full blown bath.
Always forget just how wonderful they look, smell & feel afterwards!
I know....it won't last too long.....just wait until he gets out in the real world. Wink
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lizannesley wrote:
Anyone else trying to make the most of a "nice" day and give their big dogs a bath? This is the first bath of 2014. He's had almost daily legs & underside rinses (after his walks in muddy fields/parks, etc),but this is the 1st full blown bath.
Always forget just how wonderful they look, smell & feel afterwards!
I know....it won't last too long.....just wait until he gets out in the real world. Wink

That's what I was thinking as I read it. Laughing Laughing
jdrrco
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barney's had a proper bath this morning too, in readiness for Crufts on Thursday.

Started him off with a swim in the lake in the middle of the racecourse to give him an initial rinse. Much less wriggling when we get him home!

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm putting it off for a couple more weeks. He is very good in the bath, but I get so wet leaning over him to wash the other side (he's too big to turn round) and that comb through afterwards takes hours! Nice day, though. Feels like spring is well on the way.
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ina only ever gets a bath if she goes to the groomers, which is about every 6 months (this is how long it usually takes before I completely lose it!). But last month she had a sponge bath on the garden table as she had rolled in a smelly dead fish Rolling Eyes Luckily that was probably the only nice day we had Smile

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for cheering me up as the rain is bucketing down here!! I have visions of Briards all over the country dripping wet, soggy towels etc.

Zeta also had his bath on Saturday, him, me the bathroom then the trail through the house shaking as he goes!!!!! Glad Ruth that I am not the only one who has trouble leaning over to do the other side I have once or twice finished the bath only to find one side is still completely dry (he is so waterproof).

Might be a vain effort to keep him clean for Crufts, but I will try honest, just hope the judge hasn't got her glasses on.

As my dog sitter(daughter) can't make it this year I will be on my own and will be hopeful that somewhere out there will be a willing handler for five minutes so that I can take 'a comfort break'!! No I won't leave him on the bench on his own!!

Might just find you Brenda and give you a slightly bigger donation in exchange!

Kathy and a sweet smelling - but not for long - Zeta
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone is bound to want to mind him!
I know what you mean about them being waterproof. In the past I have given Hugo what I felt was a really thorough shampooing, conditioning and rinsing and then discovered that none of it has actually reached his skin!
jdrrco
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kathy, bring him over to the KC Breed rescue stand and we'll look after him. Debbie Mansi and Sheila Cann will be there too, so he'll be in good hands!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic