The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Goodbye our beautiful boy View next topic
View previous topic
Makayla
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is with great sadness I have to say that on Thursday evening we had to make one of the most difficult decisions we have ever had to make and say our final goodbye to our beautiful boy Ki.

After him making a good recovery from his spleen removal in September, we found out approximately 2 weeks ago he had a tumour in his liver. He kept on fighting it but on Thursday he was in so much pain and so uncomfortable it was the kindess thing we could do.

We are all heartbroken but do take comfort from the fact we had another six months with him.

He was such an amazing dog, kind and gentle especially with the children, with a massive personality.

Always in hearts fluffy head

Makayla and Greg
Ossie's Jill
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry, all sympathy. We had something very similar with our beloved Ossie so I do understand how you are feeling.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our heart goes out to you at this very sad time, take comfort in the happy memoires you have of your lovely boy.

Run Free, beautiful Ki xxx

Carol Brian & Dillon
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So very very sorry. As you know we went through the same thing with his sister Ina. They will be reunited & playing happily at Rainbow Bridge.
You will one day be able to smile at the memories which are now too painful.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear about your beautiful boy Ki. You had a few precious months extra with him. He'll always be at your side. Take care Gail and lola
Amanda Elsdon-Dew
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry. Amanda

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear your sad news. Even if you suspected he didn't have that long after the scare last year, nothing can prepare you for losing him. I know you had to make a terrible decision in letting him go, but you know in your hearts you were acting in his best interests right until in the end. He was a lucky boy to be so loved. Hope your wonderful video memories are a comfort to you.
lizannesley
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sad news.....I often watch the "Ki Bosh" videos. I also thought how he was the around the same age as our └ Jamais. We are still grieving him. They are such a marvellous, magical part of our lives. Yes....treasure those memories and hopefully the smiles will return soon. You are in our thoughts & prayers.
Jayne & Neil Sturgeon
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Deepest sympathies to you and RIP dear Ki.

Makayla
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all we do have lots of video clips and photos of Ki. I have watched the Ki-Bosh video several times the past couple of days and forgot at one time how small he was. Also can not remember what life was like without him.

Today we have kind of been at a loss as what to do as it was such a beautiful sunny spring morning and our weekends are usually taking up going on family walks exploring the Cornish countryside and coastline. The kids always loved it when we were out as Ki needed to go and they enjoyed running around with him. Today we were going to go for a walk but the kids were very reluctant and didn't want to go as we didn't have Ki. Luckily for them the heavens opened and so the walk never happened.

Although it has made us realise that as a family we love the company of a dog and after some discussion we will in time get another dog and we all agree that it would have to be another Briard.

Even though we know we will never have another quite the same as Ki.
lizannesley
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Makayla....I know exactly how you & your family are feeling. The house is far too lonely/empty and there seems to be all this time to fill when you lose someone who is more than a dog....a best friend & family member.
We have been so blessed to have Jenna come to fill that void for us.She is not └Jamais....she is a wonderful loving Briard, tho. There are all these new experiences to share with her....taking her places that └Jamais loved.
I am sure when you feel the time is right for your new best, forever friend, you'll know. All the best.....
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, you will never have another quite the same as Ki, but you will, when the time is right, have another who you will love just as much. He/she will not look exactly the same and will certainly not behave in the same way, but will bring you as much joy as Ki did, without ever replacing him. There's room in your hearts for both. Think how you felt when you had your children. You don't have to share your love out when a second child arrives, your heart just expands to allow you to love that child as much. It will do the same when your next dog comes along. Your whole family clearly loved Ki so much. It would be a shame not to give another dog that same chance.
Paul and I have also watched the Ki-Bosh movie this weekend. It's such a joyful video seeing him running around from puppy to adult. He was a special boy.
jenny
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Makayla, so so sorry to hear of your loss. As many have said before time is a great healer, it never goes away but it does get better.
We lost our first Briard 6 years ago last Christmas and we have for our sins her GGG Niece. Yes it is lovely to have the knowledge that we have part of Ivy's breeding here but my, she is the total opposite!!! Even if you go for the same line and colour you will definatly be having a TOTTALLY different dog.
Take time and you will all know when the time is right for that wonderful, eventful journey to start all over again Rolling Eyes

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a suggestion but for us I think it would have been better to have got a fawn Briard rather than another black. I still find it hard seeing a similar (albeit much smaller) black shape and it not being Os. Maybe consider when you are ready getting the 'other' colour. I think it would have helped us compare the dogs less if that makes sense.

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our sympathy goes out to you all. We lost our beloved Archie from a very similar condition a year ago on Wednesday; our hearts still ache for him but we have such fond, loving memories of him and the videos and photos we have of him make us smile so much. Take care of yourselves over the coming weeks, we will be thinking about you.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We did what Jill said and got a black briard (Hugo) a year after losing our fawn one (Oscar), as we felt it would have been too painful for us to have another fawn so soon after. We will probably go for another fawn after Hugo (maybe even a girl) if we have the choice. And yes, we have compared them, but never in a critical way. We have simply noticed and enjoyed all of their differences and similarities.
I know people who need a bit of time to grieve for their lost dog, while others have to fill the void straight away, feeling it's a great compliment to their previous dog to admit that they can't live without one. Everyone's different. You will do what's right for you.
Hope you can all talk about Ki, smiling and laughing through the tears, as you reminisce about his life. Thinking of you.
saintbriard
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so so Sorry

Steve and Jenny Griffiths
jdrrco
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about Ki. Thinking of you.

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So very sorry to hear of your loss they take all of our hearts

Jeaneckford
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so sorry such a sad time for you..
Brenda Wilkinson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So sad to have to let them go xx

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so sorry to hear about Ki. I remember hand feeding him for 2 days and keeping him warm on a hot water bottle. I even took him to the local quiz night so that I could feed him every 2 hours for the first 2 days to get him strong enough to feed from his mom my beautiful Millie. I so miss my lovely briards Millie and Keisha and I know I thought it would be best if I got another breed thinking a smaller breed would fit in with having young children. They have never matched my feeling towards my briards. They are one of a kind. I will have another in a few years when the kids have grown up. So glad you had him and I know he romped around the lovely Cornish beaches just like his mom and his sister did. Do get another in time. Thank you for giving him such a lovely life.

Tina

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Tina your message has just bought tears to my eyes. We all miss him so much he was such a big part of ours lives. After quite a few discussions between myself and Greg, we have decided we will get another dog towards the end of the summer and we have agreed it will be a Briard. It would be great if we could find another briard pup in Cornwall or Devon, but we know we will probably have to travel a bit further this time.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic