The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Fostebrie promises (Clyde) View next topic
View previous topic
Jeaneckford
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

my darling Clyde passed away in my arms tonight he was the sweetest most loving boy loved by all my heart is absolutely broken I'm still grieving for my fluke and to lose Clyde so soon after has shattered me the cancer from his lost toe reached his chest and lungs and before he deteriorated I had to let him go it broke my heart and my life will never be the same. The grief when you lose your boys is overwhelming, the were my everything .
Carol & Dillon
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Jean, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved Clyde, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling to lose both your boys in such a short time. I hope the happy memories you have of your beautiful boys helps you at this very sad time.

Run Free Beautiful Clyde
lizannesley
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm so very sorry to read that news. Yes....most devastating. I do know what it's like to lose 2 close together.....did you only have those 2? At least you know they are no longer in pain. You always did the best you could for them.
You won't be the same but knowing that love you had with them has made you a better person. You do have all those memories. You're in all our thoughts & prayers.
Amanda Elsdon-Dew
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am very very sorry to read this. Amanda

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So very sorry for your loss. Words are not enough. I hope you will be ok. I lost 3 dogs within 1 year & it is heartbreaking. Please get in touch if you need to talk to any of us. You are in my thoughts x

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We are sorry that you lost two dogs in short space of time.

Karian

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jean,
Sorry to read your post, my heart goes out to you. Take care

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Jean, I really feel for you. To lose him when you are still grieving for Fluke must be devastating. You have been really brave to do the right thing and let him go. I hope you can take comfort from the fact that you did the very best for both of them. Try to think about the amazing lives they had with you. I always ask myself if the years I had with them made the pain at the end worth it and the answer is always yes. I know right now you will just need to grieve, but I will just say that not waiting too long to get Finlay was the right decision for us this time (we waited a year between Oscar and Hugo, but only 3 months between Hugo and Finlay). We were still grieving when we picked him up, but he definitely helped our hearts to heal. Hope all those wonderful memories get you through this difficult time. Thinking of you.
gail
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Jean,
I'm so sorry to read this, you must be devastated. Your boys had a great life with you, remember the great times you shared with them.
Gail and Lola
barry flahey
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My sincerest condolences to you Jean. Fully aware of what you are going through ,as I am in the throes of a mini depression after losing my precious Amber. I seem to ache everywhere ,in an empty house and garden with reminders all around. Everyone advises get another dog, perhaps that is the answer, but too soon yet for you too I suspect. Such wonderful irreplaceable creatures they capture ours hearts for evermore...
keep your chin up, best regards and sympathies, barry
Ruth Richardson
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can only get another dog when the time is right for you, Barry. We waited a whole year between Oscar and Hugo. We were still grieving for Hugo when Fin came home 3 months after we had lost him, but I must admit it really helped. It didn't stop us grieving, of course, but we were able to channel all that love into our new puppy. It's hard to explain, as you never stop loving the ones that have gone, but you can no longer physically give them that love that you carry inside and it's actually a release to give it to another dog, if that makes any sense. There is no greater compliment you can pay to your dog than to admit you can't live without one! They do leave such a massive hole. We didn't go looking for Fin - we suddenly became aware that he was available and it seemed right. That will happen for you too.
Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So very sorry for your loss Jean, they create such a presence and take such a large part of your heart that loosing them is horrendous.

Thinking of you during this terrible time.

Paul

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic