The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Good dog! View next topic
View previous topic
Amanda Elsdon-Dew
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We agreed, when discussing training our very independent minded dogs, to keep reminding ourselves of the good things they do, so thought I'd share one of those on this site. I went to let our hens out of their 'ark' the other day and was surprised and relieved to find that I had failed to notice that one hadn't come in the previous night when I shut them away - and who found her? Dinah! The hen appeared from under a bush, with Dinah carefully shepherding her back. At least I think that was what she was doing. I have to admit that I didn't leave her in D's tender care for too long since Dinah has form with our hens. A good year ago they managed to get under their enclosure fence and by the time I got there, one was dead with a broken neck, and Dinah was eating her. Just over-enthusiastic herding, she told me and, as for the eating, how was she meant to know the difference between one bit of dead of hen and another since she is now fed raw chicken? Very upsetting, none the less, so we have been very very vigilant ever since and I don't ever again want Dinah to have the opportunity to 'return' a hen to the run her way but she definitely did seem to be herding carefully the other day when of course because she was actually inside the enclosure -where she is allowed under my strict supervision only normally - she was able to return the girl to the rest of the flock.
Amanda

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing
Just have to laugh at her hentics Wink

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zizou likes to herd his canine pals and the grandchildren. Wink

Jump to:   

View next topic