The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Training my human View next topic
View previous topic
Amanda Elsdon-Dew
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What slow learners some humans are! I don't know who but a dog would put up with them! Mine at least has joined a good pack with humans who know about doggy play, especially one called Moina. Moina is really good fun and she has taught my owner how important food - lots of it - is to our time together. When she picks up a funny little plastic thing that goes 'click' I know that food will be coming soon. She gets me to do the strangest things, mainly glueing my body to my owner's leg and turning with her in whatever strange direction she goes. If I stay glued, 'click' - and food. My owner finds this really really hard and so I have had to decide to help her, it's really not hard to attach myself to her side, and then get that 'click'. We do lots of other things too and I get to play with a tuggy toy whenever I am getting bored.
I get more walks too now, and much more to do on them. My slow owner is at last learning that I really like doing things with her. the other day a whole load of pheasants jumped up with all their loud shrieks around me and I just stood and looked at them. My owner went quite mad, patting me and telling me how clever I was. I liked that, but I don't think she understood that I didn't particularly want to chase those silly birds, which I can never catch (not like our hens!) because I have now trained my owner to bring that wonderful ball on a rope with us and I knew that she would soon either throw it or play tug with me. She used to just throw it, and just couldn't understand how bored I got with chasing it and bringing it back. 'I am not a Labrador,' I tried to say, but she is a very poor linguist and didn't understand. Now she often plays tug with it with me, and that is FAR more fun than any silly pheasant. At least it was today. I have heard tell that humans as they get older can get a thing called 'dementia', and they need to keep learning new things to keep their brains working. So I may chase a pheasant tomorrow to keep her on her toes. . . Dinah

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd forgotten just how much I love your stories, Amanda! Lovely to hear how well Dinah is doing. x
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Dinah, you are so funny Laughing Have missed your stories Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic