The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Interactive Briard View next topic
View previous topic
Amanda Elsdon-Dew
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear all who struggle like me with posting on this site, do please persist. I seem to have managed it by re-registering but I can't for the life of me remember exactly how I did that since it took several goes. I am afraid that I am seriously untech-y. This is now my third go at posting this because the message keeps being deleted (not that funny I know!) whenever I try to preview it and correct typos etc, so this time I will leave them, with many apologies. It is just that I had such a fun time with Dinah the other day, and would love to share it with other lovers of the Briard. I took her to visit old friends, who used to look after her for us when she was a puppy, and of whom she is very fond, indeed so much so that she pulled the lead out of my hand in her eagerness to get to their front door and scratch on it. 'I am here! I am here!' They always make a huge fuss of her and have a houseful of doggy treats and games. This time they had a plastic ball with a hole in it so that it can be stuffed with treats rather like a Kong except that this ball has annoying nooks and crannies in it so that some of the treats get stuck, and just won't come out. My friends often have their son's mini Schnauzer to visit, and apparently he gets fed up with this ball quite quickly and leaves it once he can't get any more treats out. Not Dinah. Pride! She too couldn't completely empty it but persisted trying for quite a time and then picked it up and brought it to each of my friends in turn (interestingly not me - I like to think because I hadn't given it to her in the first place and was presumably far too thick to be able to help her) quite clearly asking for their help, which of course they gave. C

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic