The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Ivy View next topic
View previous topic
Emme
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it has been several thousand years since I last said hello but I've been missing my little Ivy (Gilcoru Ivy d'Brie, 7 Dec 2006 - 1 Jan 2019) so much lately that I just wanted to come back and wave to all of our old friends who might still be around. Hello!

This website provided me with so much help and companionship when Ivy was young. I fondly remember learning all about our beautiful briards and the many passionate discussions about how to tame their knotty knickers. And of course spending time with y'all at the briard-a-thons made for some really special memories.

I had to move home to Australia a few years ago and so I didn't get to spend much time with my girl in her final couple of years. It broke my heart into a thousand pieces and I'm still trying to recover. Ivy was the best friend I ever had. Thank you to those of you that shared that experience with me!

Love Emme

x
Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Emme

Well, that is some blast from the past! It's so nice for you to 'check in'! I am so sorry you lost little Ivy last year! We both lost Millie just after Christmas 2018 and Belle within about 6 months later!

We got a new friend for Belle as she did enjoy meeting other dogs on her walks after Millie died but sadly on spent a couple of weeks together. She is a Samoyed so we are now for the first time in almost 25 years without Briards!

It was wonderful to have you part of the Briard-scene, the 'invention' of the Briard-a-thons was just so good! We loved to attend them!!

I hope you settled back into Australia alright and you have to let us know when you are back in the UK! As you will see this site is starting to 'fail' and it's a project on my 'to-do' list to upgrade it to something 2020's! You will see we are also on FB now.

Take care! xxx

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic