The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Dear oh dear! View next topic
View previous topic
Brion's Mrs
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My husband has being doing the dog walking recently (I've hurt my knee colliding with Dinah at Agility) so this story comes from him. He has a favourite walk in a deserted piece of woodland near here and normally Dinah is a total delight to walk there - scampering so happily and returning frequently so gladly. The other day he had a shcck. He turned a corner to find Dinah lying motionless on the path. He went over, fearing some dreadful accident. She didn't move as he approached. Then he saw the problem: she had a huge sticky burr gluing the hair over the eyes, and had decided to call it a day and lie down and wait for help!
The next day he returned to the same walk and she scampered around as merrily as usual - until they came to the particular track where these monster burrs hang out. Then she changed tack and kept absolutely tightly to the path (most unusual) lifting each paw high and daintily as if on hot bricks, like a cat.
Today he took her off the car, and she went on strike and refused to get into the car at all!
Honestly!
Amanda
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh bless her. Very Happy A couple of weeks ago, Zizou's Saturday afternoon consisted of being set upon by 2 humans and having burrs picked out of all four legs. Those things are just murder.
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree they are awful, Ina got loads in her face the other day & all down one side Rolling Eyes She was quite good at letting me pull/comb them out though (I think the liver treat at the end helped)

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh deer! It must be so irritating to have fur that is made of velcro! Bex gets so annoyed by bits of Bramble etc that she stops mid walking to deal with them usually resulting with her falling to the floor in a heap!

The worst thing I find is those stupid spikey little round seeds... 2 hours it took me to get those out of her fur a couple of weeks ago... walking somewhere else for a while now!
Ossie's Jill
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ossie keeps getting thing up the middle of his paw pads at the moment. It's not so bad when they are the spiky oak galls we get round here but yesterday it was some sort of big burr covered with hooks, which as he doesn't like having his paws played with was murder to get out. Still not sure that I've got every last little bit out but at least he can walk OK now!
Zizou
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I call them thistle balls. There's loads at this time of year. They are murder.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic