The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Puppies & Breeders / No Advertising of Litters! View next topic
View previous topic
Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To all Breeders,

In the last couple of weeks there have been quite a few replies with regard to Puppy Requests.

I would like to remind everyone that you are not allowed to advertise your litter on the forum or respond to any request for puppies unless you have an entry in the Breeder Directory or contacted me prior to responding. For more information see 'The F.B.C. & F.A.Q.'

There have also been quite a few announcements on the e-mail list, again the list is not to be used to advertise your litters.

I have removed replies to Puppy requests from breeders who have not contacted me prior to responding and I will continue to do so.

If you want to enjoy the benefits of this website please sign up and take an entry in the Breeder Directory and become one of the breeders who support this site.

Regards

Paul Andringa

Last edited by Paul & Caitriona on Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to re-iterate the message:

It is NOT allowed to advertise Puppies on this or any of the Forums on this Website.

Advertising your Puppies whether direct or indirect will lead to suspension from the site. I have just deleted all posts that made reference to Litters!

Do NOT congratulate another Breeder as this is classed as indirect advertising. You and the Breeder will be suspended from the site.

Please adhere to the rules, No Advertising on the Forums.
Tina Sweet
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to form a web page with your site but I am not very good with computers and digiotal cameras. Could you let me know if you could create it for me or how I would go about it.

By the way the shop is good I am very please with thew print you sent.

I do not have kennels and only breed the odd litter once as I raise them in my home.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To help solve this problem perhaps you should allow puppies to be advertised at a cost and remove the requirement of having a web page before this can be done - you could offer a discount if they have a page as well.

Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tina,

With regard to the Webpage this will just be a page like the other Breeders details page, I will create this for you and will add the picture(s) to it. You can post photos as well, that is not a problem. With regard to the occasional breeding this can be added to the listing so people are aware.

I am glad you like the prints, I am still looking to add others to the shop as well so keep looking!

Nixs,

I think you are missing the point here, what I would like to achieve, and that is why I am trying everyone who breeds to enter in the Directory is create a comprehensive list of breeders giving our visitors the best information and choice of breeders who are close to them.

With just entering the litters on the puppy list the visitors do not know who and where the breeders are. This is the same as calling either the KC or the Clubs. This prevents people who would like to get a Briard of a breeder near them from getting one as no one list the breeders. It also prevents them from calling the local breeder to see what Briards are like even if the breeder does not have a litter. From the forum it is clear that people are willing to wait for a puppy.

Having a local breeder gives people the comfort that they can call on them when they need to and don't have to travel the country to get to them.

I have had requests from none breeders who have one litter and I can understand that they do not want a directory listing. For these I will make an exception, however they are paying more then the £25.00 that you would have to pay for an entry on the Puppy List if you have a directory listing.

Sure I can give everyone who has a directory listing free puppy listings but that would be unfair on the breeders who have one litter a year and pay the same for the directory as the breeder who has 5 litters a year, this is the reason I charge a flat rate of £52 for the directory and £25 per litter. In that respect you can consider that a discount as I will charge more for none breeders who have a single litter.

I trust that explains the pricing structure.

Paul
Nicola Pearce
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes Paul, I can see where you are coming from and as you know I personally do not have a problem about doing the page, I should have it sorted this weekend things permitting. I was putting the point that not every one wants a page on another site, but may use the puppy list and by tying the two together may prevent possible income for the site.

The kennel club website is set up in a way that you click on your part of the country and it give the list of any litters registered in this area – including Kennel name address how many and what colour and sex, at only a cost of £15 a litter – I know that when calling the clubs puppy list holders they will give them the oldest and closest puppies to the caller and I know that they are both more than happy to talk to anyone about the breed in general, including any breeder in there area who will be more than happy to meet with them. So I do not feel that your points on the KC and Club list are right, if I have understood you point correctly.

Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Nixs,

I know you do not have a problem with the page and I look forward to welcoming you as a Breeder who supports this website.

Quote:
So I do not feel that your points on the KC and Club list are right, if I have understood you point correctly.

The point I am making is that this information is transient as it is only there when litters are available. For instance if I was looking for a puppy now I would find that there are 2 litters, one born on the 1st of August and one on the 1st of October. The first one is 265 miles away and the second is a 145 miles away. It does not show the breeders near me as they do not have litters at present, at least not listed. I know that there are breeders in my area less then 15 miles away. Yet the breeder nearest me might have a litter on the way or is planning a litter for spring next year. I now have choice, I can travel, I can wait and I can go and see Briards in my area.

The page you are referring to is a Directory Page with contact details about the breeder, it is not a Website, simply a contact page. From the details pages on my site at present you will see that the breeders have their own websites, we simply link to them if they have one, if not we will offer our services to make one but it is not a requirement.

Paul

P.S. You also need to register before you can see any litters on the KC Website, not required on my site! Smile
Nicola Pearce
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Paul,

Good points I agree - although to register is only and e-mail address but quite offten people don't even want to do that.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic