The First UK Briard Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 pet insurance without exclusions View next topic
View previous topic
Sarah Dandy
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Confused:Does anyone know of a good insurance company for pet insurance which offers at least £4000 in vet fees without exclusions or limitations from previous treatment?Any help greatly appreciated.
howard Weinberg
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sarah , we found that Sainsbury's insurance gave a good cover, check it out.

Howard & Lottie

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was with Pet plan until they put both my policies up to £20 each Sad ! So I've done some indepth hunting and I found an even better cover from Marks and Spencer Laughing , with a £7000 yearly limit and the cost was £10.65, if you buy online you get discount and if you have more than one dog you get a further discount. Also to make it even better they give the option of no excess Petplan wanted £60!! Give them I try.

Good luck
Hazel
Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sarah,

I think you will find it difficult if not impossible to find an insurance company that will cover previous treatments/ailments, all companies will put this in their Policy so be careful there. (Even M&S)

I have two links on the home page, More Th>n, offer up to £6000 for £ 10.99 a month. They too have exclusions as well as an excess. Churchil only cover up to £3000.

It is difficult so please read the small print.

Good luck!
Sarah Dandy
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smile Thankyou to everyone for all the information. I am overwhelmed. I have never met a nicer bunch of people than briardist. They are most helpful and friendly. I never knew marks and spencer did insurance, and I will certainly check out all the links put forward. Thanks again Sarah Dandy
Julia Tompsett
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sarah,

I have my home buildings and contents insurance with the National Farmers Union www.nfumutual.co.uk and have added Barney to that policy, but the are excellent insurers and do individual pet insurances. I know these go to claims of £4,000. I have had a look for you on my policy and it seems they do not cover past illnesses, but go to the website and have a look, and perhaps contact them.

Hope this helps.

Julia
Nicola Pearce
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All,

I am not aware of any policy that will not have exclusions for previous treatment - with the cost of treatment any insurance co would be foolish to do so. I feel that it is not a good idea to have any policy that has a limit on how much you can claim in a year - especially with a large breed. My friend has just had a briard with bloat (which as a breed is very common) - the cost of the initial treatment and normal after care and this was a straight forward case came to £1300 and once they have had it can occur again. Then consider them needing regular medication you will supprised how that can mount up. Razz

Sarah Dandy
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smile it is great all the advice given from everyone. I took insurance out orignally through my vets own insurance which has been excellent as it offered £5000 cover and no claim forms to fill in. But unfortunately they are not offering this service any more so that is why we are looking for alternative arrangements. It is good to hear other peoples experiences good or bad and advice of who to research. Thanks again Sarah
Linda and Jasper
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our last dog Barney ended up with diabetes when he was thirteen. He had probs when he was younger with his anul glands,ears.skin.A female hormone lump in his testical. Hence an operation to castrate.
And lots of miner things wrong with him.
The cost over the years was huge.
Now we have Jasper i have pet insurance. With direct line. But even them it is pay the first 50. They wont cover earlier probs if they reacur. Not stupid are they. Etc etc. Fortunatley he seems a very health lad.
Linda

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic